We’ve all been there. You have a health scare and suddenly you purge everything that you believe* is unhealthy. You’re a normal guy. You work hard, watch sportsball on the weekend, and what you believe is healthy is probably a distant cry from reality.
I say this because I know dudes who will quit smoking two bowls of tobacco a week that they don’t inhale before they look at other sources of oxidative stress on their bodies. Some of these people still eat PUFAs!
Here are a list of some things I would remove from my sources of liver oxidative stress before abandoning the shamanistic tradition. After all, man sat around fires most of his existence and his lungs are adapted for dealing with a little smoke some of the time. Who knows, maybe without the occasional shock you might even be missing something.
- Fats other than Animal, Olive, Coconut, and Avocado
- Alcohol (all the research goes the same direction, special occasions only)
- Products with American Wheat in them
- Cheap Cyano B Vitamins from most supplements and energy drinks
- Processed Foods (this is a general rule, the exceptions are few)
- Beverages with dyes, artificial sweeteners, and ‘natural’ flavors.
- “Enriched” Flour
- Social Media (it pushes everything unhealthy in ads)
Want a tasty drink? Add your favorite bitters to a bottle of fizzy water. I use Bittermilk lately because the ingredients are clean. One middle aged dude to another. Not medical advice but you know I’m right.